I wanted to make a tissue box cover to have at work. I found this really cute pattern at moogly.
The tissue boxes we get in the office are those not-very-tall ones. I wasn’t sure if the whale shape would work but decided to give it a go anyway.
Turns out I had just the right shade of blue in my stash. It’s a synthetic yarn so it has good grip and was pretty easy to work with.
I strayed from the pattern a little bit because I didn’t want the blow hole to be the length of his body. So I made just a smallish blow hole – big enough for the tissues to come out and positioned more toward the front of his head.
I also made a mistake with the tail which I couldn’t be bothered fixing and I think it turned out to be a happy accident—I was very happy with the way the shape and angle of the tail turned out.
I embroidered the mouth and used some buttons from my stash for the eyes.
Can’t wait to take him to work on Monday!